The Mission of the Tennessee Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association (TIAAA) is aligned with the National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association (NIAAA) in that the TIAAA seeks to develop, enhance, and preserve the educational values of interscholastic athletics.
The TIAAA serves its members by providing resources to develop and to enhance leadership skills and to offer opportunities for professional growth. In our role as a partner with the NIAAA we seek to promote a positive working relationship between our Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association (TSSAA) and state athletic directors and school administrators. Furthermore, the TIAAA seeks to enhance current and also develop new relationships with strategic alliances and partners who embrace the mission of the organization.
The purpose of TIAAA shall be:
- To develop a more professional image for the administrators of athletics throughout our state.
- To create better unity and communication among all members.
- To improve the educational aspects of interscholastic athletics in the total educational program.
- To promote high standards of achievement and ethics in interscholastic athletics.
- To promote better public relations and sportsmanship between schools.
- To provide for an exchange of ideas and a better understanding of the administration of high school athletics.
- To recognize that the administrative head of the school is ultimately responsible in all matters pertaining to interscholastic athletic activities involving his/her school.
- To promote good will and fellowship among the athletic administrators of the same.
- To assist the school administrators in carrying out the rules and regulations of the Tennessee Secondary Schools Athletic Association.
- To establish and maintain a closer working relationship with related professional groups, i.e., the Tennessee Secondary Schools Athletic Association (TSSAA), the Tennessee Education Association (TEA), the Tennessee School Boards Association, the Tennessee High School Coaches Association, the National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association, and other organizations that are involved in athletic administration.
Membership in the TIAAA brings with it more benefits than ever before to offer support and continuing education opportunities for all Middle School or High School Athletic Administrators. TENNESSEE IS A DUAL MEMBERSHIP STATE WHICH MEANS YOUR MEMBERSHIP DUES WILL INCLUDE MEMBERSHIP IN THE TIAAA AND THE NIAAA FOR ONE PRICE.
TIAAA benefits include:
- TIAAA Quarterly Newsletter
- $25 TSSAA/TIAAA State Athletic Directors Conference Discount
- $40 Per LTI Course Discount at Tennessee State Athletic Directors Conference
- Opportunity to nominate students from your school for the NIAAA Scholarship Student Essay Awards Program.
- Interscholastic Athletic Administration, a quarterly professional journal written by and for athletic administrators.
- Discount on registration fees for the National Athletic Directors Conference along with LTI classes, certification and other services.
- Opportunities to serve on national committees.
- Opportunity for national recognition through the NIAAA Awards Program
- $2,000,000 student injury and property damage liability insurance while performing the duties of an athletic administrator.
- $2500 term life insurance.
- Ability to purchase Long Term Health Care at discount rates, as well as discounts on Cancer Insurance and Accident Insurance.
Membership through the TIAAA is now managed online through AMP. Please follow the directions below to log into your AMP account. Once logged in, you can manage your account, update your forms/information, email ADs from around the state, register for events, and make membership payments.
LOGGING INTO YOUR TIAAA AMP ACCOUNT
1) Go to https://tiaaa.finalforms-amp.com/
2) Click LOGIN under the ‘Member’ icon and enter your email address
3) Enter your TIAAA AMP account password. Click FORGOT PASSWORD if you do not remember your TIAAA AMP account password.
Follow the prompts to change your password.
You can always email TIAAA SUPPORT for Help,
NIAAA Award of Merit
TIAAA Athletic Director of the Year
Bruce D. Whitehead Distinguished Service Award